FUTURE DATES TO BE RELEASED SOON
This tour includes a combination of some of the finest coastal walks in Shetland with a local guide and knitting classes led by expert local tutors. It truly is a great opportunity to explore Shetland in an authentic way and relaxed pace.
You will also visit some of Shetland’s most scenic locations and sample delicious local produce.
Please email us for a full itinerary or to reserve your space.
If you are a group please contact us for bespoke tour options at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll aim to get back to you as soon as possible.
‘Knitting & Hiking in Shetland’ trip includes:
- A visit to a local crofter to learn about Shetland Sheep in their native environment
- A visit to the Sandness spinning mill, home of Jamieson’s of Shetland yarn*
- A visit to Shetland Textile Museum, a vibrant centre of Shetland’s textile culture and heritage
- A visit to Jamieson & Smith where we will learn about the art of wool sorting and grading
- A boat trip to Mousa & a walk
- A circular walk in Eshaness
- A walk in Muckle Roe
- A visit to Sumburgh Head Nature Reserve and Visitor Centre
- A visit to Jarlshof
- A wool dyeing class with Nielanell
- A Fair Isle class with Donna Smith
- A Shetland lace class
- A Fair Isle yoke tips class
- Ella Gordon‘s vintage knitwear collection talk & trunk show
- An introduction to the history of Shetland textiles and knitting talk by Donna Smith
* Please note that Jamieson’s is a working mill so a tour of the factory is not always possible. If this is the case an alternative programme will be provided.
Price*: £1990.00 per person (non-knitter spouse/friend price is £1850)
Single supplement: £120 per person (£20 per night)
(* 2020 guide price and subject to change)
The price includes:
- Six nights accommodation in a centrally located guesthouse in Lerwick
- Transport within Shetland**
- All meals, tea & cake, wine or other alcoholic beverages with dinner
- Knitting classes led by some of Shetland’s top tutors
- Excursions and visits as per itinerary
- Services of accredited local guides
- Services of a tour manager
- Knitting materials
- A project bag
- A gorgeous gift bag of Shetland goodies
- Financial failure insurance
*Price based on double room occupancy. If you would prefer a single room there is a supplement of £120 per person.
**Please note that travel to and from Shetland is not included in the price.
We keep our groups size small, with a maximum number of 12 participants, to ensure quality. Our expert tutors and guides are always on hand to help you and provide you with an individual and truly personal experience.
Tutors & Guides
We have a team of local, talented and experienced tutors, who have a wide range of textile knowledge and expertise.
Our guides hold an accredited guiding qualification and will make your Shetland experience truly memorable. They can advise you on the best areas, sites and shops to visit.
Great food is a real focus of our Shetland Wool Adventures. We know that delicious meals are just as important to our guests as visiting beautiful locations in Shetland and learning new skills. We take great pride in the food we serve to our guests and always ensure there is plenty of it.
The food on your holiday is all prepared by local chefs, who are passionate about using local produce to create delicious and balanced meals each day. We make sure all meals are healthy as well as tasty, and we’ll make every effort to accommodate any dietary needs you may have.
Shetland Wool Adventures is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with ”The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992” all passengers booking with Shetland Wool Adventures are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Shetland Wool Adventures. This insurance has been arranged by Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC.
In the unlikely event of Insolvency, you must Inform Towergate Chapman Stevens immediately on +44 (0) 1932 334140 or by email at email@example.com. Please ensure you retain the booking confirmation form as evidence of cover and value.
Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid for Travel Insurance or any claim relating to Air Flights. Please ensure the company you have booked with has the appropriate CAA / ATOL Bonds in place.